Flowers play a very large role in setting the atmosphere for your wedding. Flowers come in various types and colours, and can differ in shape and size depending on where they were grown. Florists are known to have a wide variety of prices but at the end of the day it depends on which flowers you’re ordering, if they are in-season, and if they need to be imported from the other side of the world! Since all of these details can vary greatly, it is best to communicate clearly to your potential florist what exactly it is that you want, including a strict budget.
In order to make sure your floral dreams can be turned into a reality, here are a few important questions to ask your florist:
· Do they provide any sketches or mockups of your arrangements?
· Have they decorated your specified venue(s) before?
· Do they deliver? If so, what do they charge?
· Will they set up/take down the event or do they send assistants?
· How many weddings do they accommodate per weekend?
· If your specific flower isn’t available, what substitutes will they use?
· Do they provide any additional decor items?
If you are having a difficult time sorting out which arrangements you need to order, and to make sure you don’t forget any, below is a checklist you may use as a guide: