Welcome to the world of wedding registries! FYI, it is quite time-consuming so start early. Here are 5 tips to help you create the best wedding registry for you and your other half:
1. Have a plan. Talk about what you need, what color scheme, and how much of each item. What exactly do you need for the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom?
2. Consider what you two do most in your spare time. Do you like to cook? Look at more items for the kitchen. Do you like to entertain? Maybe you’ll want to consider adding electronics or more decorative items. Renovating your bedroom? Maybe you’ll want all new bedroom items to come home to after your honeymoon. Like to travel? What about some new luggage, a camera, or some cute onesies for those long plane flights?!
3. Register for things at a variety of price points. People come from all different walks of life and will appreciate the choice.
4. Register at multiple locations. It’s generally a good idea to register at a couple different large department stores. You might even want to consider online options such as Zola or Amazon.
5. Keep in mind the storage space available in your household. Yes, the panini press, coffee grinder, slow cooker, pressure cooker, and rice cooker all sound great but will you have enough storage space for it all?
Here’s are some common wedding registry items to get you started: